The Different Types Of Water Filters Explained

Our body uses water to provide energy to cells, tissues, and organs. Water regulates our body temperature and keeps us hydrated through the day. It is necessary that we drink clean and purified water for our body to get the minerals and the nutrients present in water. The water which we get from the taps at home is definitely not in its purest form (Drink Filtered) when compared to the water in open sources like rivers. The purification systems used to supply water to the normal household are not of good standards as the age-old pipes, the corrosion in them and the chemicals which are used as purification agents can cause bad effects on our health. Hence, it is recommended to drink filtered and purified water which will forestall such health risks.

Activated Carbon Filter

This technique uses activated carbon to remove impurities from water. Carbon has a porous structure and can trap the impurities in water in its pores and this process is called adsorption. Activated charcoal filters are effective in removing larger particles and chemicals like chlorine. With its wide surface area, carbon can trap most of the sediments and chemicals, but over time, when all the pores are filled with impurities, the filter becomes ineffective and must be replaced.

  • Reverse Osmosis (RO)

A semipermeable membrane is used in this technique to remove ions, molecules and heavy particles from the water. Water is forced through the membrane and the impurities and other large particles are held to one side while the pure water is sent to the other side of the membrane. This is one of the most widely used techniques and can purify hard water and remove the saline content from it. The only disadvantage of using an RO filter is that around 50% of the total water input is wasted.

  • UV Filters

UV filters are capable of killing pathogens like bacteria and viruses, microorganisms and cysts which contaminate the water. Water is passed through a UV light tube during which the pathogens are killed by its rays. However, the amount of absorption of UV by the microorganism matters. Higher the absorption, higher is the possibility of the death of the microorganism. Water with low TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) can be easily purified using UV filters but the filter proves ineffective for hard water and cannot remove chemicals like fluorides and chlorine.

How Does Food Get Mold On It

Sometimes as you dig into your cookie jar or sweet box, and take a nibble of them you would have sensed something wrong. Something has gone bad and awry. As you take a look at your cookie or sweet you see that there is some fuzzy white stuff. This fuzzy stuff is called mold. What are they exactly? How do they grow on food? Here is the answer to all your questions on mold on food.

What does mold mean?

Mold is a type of fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments also known as hyphae while yeast is a kind of single celled fungus. Mold is formed from the omnipresent fungal spores that are present in the air. Their primary purpose is to break down food and decompose everything. They are also essential parts of the glorious creations of nature, which produces and destroys everything thus returning living organisms back to the dust. Unlike the plants which make use of chlorophyll to produce their food from sunlight molds cannot make their own food since they lack the filament chlorophyll. So once the mold gets onto food items and works their magic on the chemicals that are present inside the food items. The food gets rotten in the end.

Why does nature need molds?

You might be annoyed at the sight of mold on your favorite cookies but mold plays a crucial role in nature. Mold helps in decomposing and rotting the food. These rotten food items when returned to the soil provide nutrients to other living organisms. Hence mold helps in food recycling in nature.

Make sure you don’t get any mold in your home with these dehumidifier for bathrooms – read more about it at Lets Remove Mold.

Is there only white mold?

Molds come in all kinds of types and colors. However, all these growths are harmful to us humans and we must definitely avoid touching or consuming them. The most common one looks white cottony in the beginning. However, this will soon grow and spread and reproduce by producing more spores that get carried away in the air.

Why don’t some foods get moldy?

Usually preserved foods don’t support the growth of mold. To experiment, you can let mold grow on two pieces of cake- packaged cupcakes that contain preservatives and another homemade cake without any preservatives. You will notice that the one without preservatives will grow mold easily on it. Certain people are allergic even to the smell of mold. So, avoid smelling it. Happy learning!

Physiological problems associated with high blood glucose level.

For a normal individual, getting rid of problems on their own happens without any need for external medication. Common cold, as well as simple allergies that happen on a daily basis have been effectively tackled by the immune system without any kind of problems. Yet, you find that with a very high blood glucose level, the chances of the body being able to tackle such kind of simple problems become even harder. The immune system is not capable enough in order to tackle these issues anymore, and people find themselves susceptible to even the smallest of diseases which would otherwise not be a problem in their normal healthy state. So, what are some of the problems associated with the high blood glucose level – click here to see the normal blood sugar levels for non diabetic and diabetic people.

  • Dental issues – The human body comes with a lot of bacteria, and most of it is located in the dental region. It is effective enough in order to break down the food and ensure that there is no problem in the digestive tract of the body. Yet, when there is the presence of excessive glucose level, the bacteria as well as the germs become extremely active. It would also end up taking a toll on the dental hygiene of the person, meaning that they would not be able to cure the problems in the tooth at the earliest possible opportunity. Eventually, the person might have to get rid of the entire teeth in order to stem the problem.
  • Cardiovascular problems – It is a well-documented fact that with the increase of blood sugar levels in an individual, there is a documented rise in the obesity levels. As soon as the person becomes more obese, they are more susceptible to cardiovascular diseases. Having high blood sugar level also ensures that the sugar will be able to spread to the different parts of the body, and thereby making the entire body toxic. Metabolism would cease, and all the toxicity would end up creating a lot more problems within the body itself. After attacking the various cardiovascular regions, the blood sugar level would also make the body to be incapable in order to fight any kind of diseases or to recover from a disease pretty easily.

With such physiological problems, it would be a better idea for people to steer clear of all the junk food that normally accompanies the growing problems of blood glucose level in any person seeking out cheap food.